Well hello there
I'm a passionate traveler and a committed problem solver. Which is a helpful combo when taking public transportation in a foreign country.
I lead a virtual team, with all the challenges and opportunities that entails. So I'm great at building connections without face-to-face contact, and *amazing* at the Internet. Need to monitor social media from China, or host a Skype call from the UAE? Been there, done that. I'm a big believer in making technology work for you, not the the other way around.
As part of that, I manage the backends of two businesses, coordinating everything from website functionality to developing advertiser relationships to building a community of clients and readers. Startups are awesome that way -- you get to do everything!
When I'm not traveling, I love playing Iron Chef in my kitchen and throwing the ball for my adorable labrador. Sometimes simultaneously.
My passion is helping people travel better -- whether that's more often, more comfortably, or more economically. If I can't answer a travel-related question, I can probably put you in touch with someone who can!
From my travels
- Google Fi Now Available On iPhones & More Androids (Plus Great Deals If You Switch Today)Well this is exciting news! As of today, my favorite phone plan for international travelers is now officially available on iPhones and additional Android devices. And there are some great rebates available if you make the move today. The following Apple devices are now supported (All phones must run iOS 11.0 or higher): And there are an assortment […]
- Official: China Southern Leaving SkyTeamThere have been rumors of China Southern leaving SkyTeam and joining oneworld for years. In ways this is logical, as oneworld doesn’t have an airline based in mainland China, while China Southern has second-rate status in SkyTeam, given Delta’s close partnership with China Eastern. There is, however, the matter of Cathay Pacific. Cathay Pacific has veto power in […]
- New: 50k Welcome Bonus On Amex Business Gold When Referred By A FriendLast week American Express announced a "revamp" of their Business Gold Rewards Card, rebranding it as the American Express® Business Gold Card, and launching a new slate of benefits. Rather than earn 3X, the new Amex Business Gold has 4X bonus categories. Additionally, the bonus category cap has been bumped from $100,000 to $150,000 in the following […]
- Where To Find Award Space Whenever I'm talking with people who are just getting started with miles and points, I'm often surprised by both what miles they're accumulating, and how intimidated they are by actually using those miles. The natural instinct is to look for shortcuts or somewhere to outsource the research to, but if you're invested enough to be […]
- How To Build, Repair, And Diversify Your CreditRewards cards in the U.S. can be extremely lucrative, particularly in the travel sector. But what are your options if you're still building your credit, or otherwise don't have those Very Good to Excellent credit scores that you need to be approved for the most rewarding credit cards? We've written in the past about the best […]
- Just Two Weeks Left Until The Chicago Seminars!One of the longest standing annual miles & points “events” is the Chicago Seminars, which has been held at the Holiday Inn in Elk Grove, Illinois (near Chicago O’Hare Airport) for the past eight years. Eight years. I'm getting old. The Chicago Seminars will be returning for a ninth year, and will be held October 19-21, 2018. […]
Let's get social!
Everyone has airline miles or credit card points. Almost no one knows how to use them.
Along with my fabulous team of colleagues, I help everyday people make the most of their miles and points. Whether you're a road warrior looking to upgrade your general travel experience, or a leisure traveler hoping to save money on a special vacation, PointsPros can provide advice as to the best ways to not only earn miles, but to get the very most from the points you already have.
Check out pointspros.com to learn more!
Recent and upcoming events
20 October 2017 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
9 June 2017 • FTU Advanced | Minneapolis, MN
24 February 2017 • FTU Advanced | Seattle, WA
14 October 2016 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
29 April 2016 • Frequent Traveler University Signature | Las Vegas, NV
4 December 2015 • FTU Advanced | Newport Beach, CA
16 October 2015 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
17 April 2015 • USA Today Presents Frequent Traveler University | Dallas, TX
Selected Media & Interviews
Abroaders Podcast // Episode 119 - Interview with Tiffany Funk
Credit Card Forum // 5 Underutilized Rewards-Card Strategies