Well hello there
I'm a passionate traveler and a committed problem solver. Which is a helpful combo when taking public transportation in a foreign country.
I lead a virtual team, with all the challenges and opportunities that entails. So I'm great at building connections without face-to-face contact, and *amazing* at the Internet. Need to monitor social media from China, or host a Skype call from the UAE? Been there, done that. I'm a big believer in making technology work for you, not the the other way around.
As part of that, I manage the backends of two businesses, coordinating everything from website functionality to developing advertiser relationships to building a community of clients and readers. Startups are awesome that way -- you get to do everything!
When I'm not traveling, I love playing Iron Chef in my kitchen and throwing the ball for my adorable labrador. Sometimes simultaneously.
My passion is helping people travel better -- whether that's more often, more comfortably, or more economically. If I can't answer a travel-related question, I can probably put you in touch with someone who can!
- Hotel Rewards Programs List (2021)Airfare is a major piece of the puzzle, but it’s also important to consider how hotels might fit into your travel scenario as well.
- How To Earn Miles and Credit Card Travel PointsAs I mentioned at the beginning, I don’t make even a single purchase without considering the mileage earning implications. I also earn miles through flying, or through hotel stays, and try to take advantage of promotions as they come along. Travel isn’t free, so it makes sense to leverage the money you’re already spending, and try to […]
- Identifying Travel GoalsThis may sound obvious, but before you start collecting miles and points, it really helps to know how you’re going to want to travel, and maybe even where you’re hoping to go.
- The Credit Card Guide To Miles and PointsWhat’s The point?
- Guide to Airline Shopping Portals (Online Loyalty Programs)Online shopping portals can be one of the easiest ways to earn bonus miles or points for your purchases. Before you shy away from using one of these out of fear there are multiple extra steps or hoops to jump through, let’s take a look at just how easy this can be.
- How Alliances WorkMost of us are familiar with the concept of airline miles, but to really maximize your travel opportunities, it’s helpful to dig in a bit more into how airlines work with each other, with banks, and how you can make those partnerships work for you.
Let's get social!
Everyone has airline miles or credit card points. Almost no one knows how to use them.
Along with my fabulous team of colleagues, I help everyday people make the most of their miles and points. Whether you're a road warrior looking to upgrade your general travel experience, or a leisure traveler hoping to save money on a special vacation, PointsPros can provide advice as to the best ways to not only earn miles, but to get the very most from the points you already have.
Check out pointspros.com to learn more!
Recent and upcoming events
While there may be (some, limited) ways to travel responsibly at this time, I don't believe there is an ethical way to promote travel during a pandemic.
As such, all my events and speaking engagements are on pause for the time being. Several contracted engagements have been postponed, and I will update here when they have been rescheduled. In the meantime, please feel free to check out my thoughts from my last trip, including the impacts of colonialism and overtourism in Morocco.
Selected Media & Interviews
Abroaders Podcast // Episode 119 - Interview with Tiffany Funk
Credit Card Forum // 5 Underutilized Rewards-Card Strategies