Well hello there
I'm a passionate traveler and a committed problem solver. Which is a helpful combo when taking public transportation in a foreign country.
I lead a virtual team, with all the challenges and opportunities that entails. So I'm great at building connections without face-to-face contact, and *amazing* at the Internet. Need to monitor social media from China, or host a Skype call from the UAE? Been there, done that. I'm a big believer in making technology work for you, not the the other way around.
As part of that, I manage the backends of two businesses, coordinating everything from website functionality to developing advertiser relationships to building a community of clients and readers. Startups are awesome that way -- you get to do everything!
When I'm not traveling, I love playing Iron Chef in my kitchen and throwing the ball for my adorable labrador. Sometimes simultaneously.
My passion is helping people travel better -- whether that's more often, more comfortably, or more economically. If I can't answer a travel-related question, I can probably put you in touch with someone who can!
From my travels
- WHOA! Delta To Offer Medallion Upgrades On All Domestic Flights, Including Delta OneDelta One is the name for Delta’s premium business class service, which they offer on most international longhaul flights, as well as on select transcontinental flights. These flights feature fully flat beds in the forward cabin, along with Delta’s enhanced premium cabin service, including Westin Heavenly bedding, Tumi amenity kits, and improved food & beverage offerings. Last […]
- How To Use Miles For The World’s 10 Best First Class ProductsRecently Ben shared his ranking of the 10 Best First Class Products, based on his experiences flying pretty much every commercial first class out there. Unlike the fancy rankings you see elsewhere, with questionable methodologies that seem directly correlated to airline sponsorship, we pay for all our own flights, and do our best to stay anonymous. […]
- You Can Now Earn Marriott Rewards Points For ShoppingMarriott Rewards has launched a new shopping portal, Marriott Rewards MORE, which allows members to earn (and theoretically redeem) points for their purchases. The portal is available to members in the US, UK, and Canada. Each country has slightly different retailers and earning rates.
- 24 Hours Only: FREE Tickets To Frequent Traveler University ChicagoAs Ben wrote about a few months ago, the next Frequent Traveler University will be held at the Marriott Chicago O’Hare the weekend of November 17-19, 2017. What’s different this time around is that there’s both an FTU Signature event, as well as an FTU Expo, and for the next 24 hours we have discount codes […]
- Kimpton Karma To Join IHG Rewards in 2018Kimpton Hotels is the largest chain of boutique hotels in the United States, with more than 60 hotels across the country. IHG announced that they were purchasing Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants back in 2014, but the brands have continued to run separate loyalty programs after the acquisition. Up until now, the ownership change hasn't really impacted consumers, […]
- 6 United Awards To Book Before November 1stA few months ago United MileagePlus announced some major program changes, which kick in for bookings as of November 1, 2017. The key thing for most of us is that some Saver award prices are increasing. Given that lots of us have United miles and Ultimate Rewards points (not to mention the current hotel transfer bonus) I […]
Let's get social!
Everyone has airline miles or credit card points. Almost no one knows how to use them.
Along with my fabulous team of colleagues, I help everyday people make the most of their miles and points. Whether you're a road warrior looking to upgrade your general travel experience, or a leisure traveler hoping to save money on a special vacation, PointsPros can provide advice as to the best ways to not only earn miles, but to get the very most from the points you already have.
Check out pointspros.com to learn more!
Recent and upcoming events
20 October 2017 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
9 June 2017 • FTU Advanced | Minneapolis, MN
24 February 2017 • FTU Advanced | Seattle, WA
14 October 2016 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
29 April 2016 • Frequent Traveler University Signature | Las Vegas, NV
4 December 2015 • FTU Advanced | Newport Beach, CA
16 October 2015 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
17 April 2015 • USA Today Presents Frequent Traveler University | Dallas, TX
Selected Media & Interviews
Abroaders Podcast // Episode 119 - Interview with Tiffany Funk
Credit Card Forum // 5 Underutilized Rewards-Card Strategies