Well hello there
I'm a passionate traveler and a committed problem solver. Which is a helpful combo when taking public transportation in a foreign country.
I lead a virtual team, with all the challenges and opportunities that entails. So I'm great at building connections without face-to-face contact, and *amazing* at the Internet. Need to monitor social media from China, or host a Skype call from the UAE? Been there, done that. I'm a big believer in making technology work for you, not the the other way around.
As part of that, I manage the backends of two businesses, coordinating everything from website functionality to developing advertiser relationships to building a community of clients and readers. Startups are awesome that way -- you get to do everything!
When I'm not traveling, I love playing Iron Chef in my kitchen and throwing the ball for my adorable labrador. Sometimes simultaneously.
My passion is helping people travel better -- whether that's more often, more comfortably, or more economically. If I can't answer a travel-related question, I can probably put you in touch with someone who can!
From my travels
- Airbnb Review: Orchid House Hoi AnWe decided to stay in Hoi An rather than Da Nang primarily because of weather concerns -- everyone cautioned that Da Nang wouldn't be warm enough to enjoy the beach in February, so we figured if it was going to be too cold to swim we'd prefer being in Hoi An than at a beach […]
- Nam Nghi Phu Quoc Review (A Hyatt Unbound Collection Property)We knew that we wanted to incorporate a few days of beach time into this trip, but had been cautioned that Da Nang and Hoi An would be far too cold to enjoy the beach in February (this ended up being far from the truth, but weather is like that sometimes). To be guaranteed at […]
- Cu Chi Tunnels: What You Need To Know About Visiting These Vietnam War SitesWith only about 40 hours in Saigon, we had to be fairly aggressive about how we spent our time. While we of course wanted to enjoy the city and the local cuisine, visiting some of the sites related to the wars was high on our list. Both Heather's dad and my grandfather were involved in […]
- Review: Park Hyatt SaigonWhen it came time to book our hotel in Ho Chi Minh City, I didn't even look beyond the Park Hyatt Saigon. Ben had stayed there a few years ago and raved about it (though never wrote a full review), and the location seemed perfect for our purposes. Booking was slightly more complicated, in a […]
- Introduction: Vietnam, Laos, & CambodiaI feel like we've been talking about this trip my cousin Heather and I were going to take with our moms for months now (granted, we booked much further in advance than I typically do), so I'm excited to be finally reporting back with all the fun details. This went through so many evolutions, but […]
- How To Get Between Terminals At LAXAirports can be confusing, particularly in the case of terminals designed for the jet era that haven't adapted as well to modern aviation. The terminal shift at Los Angeles International Airport earlier this year has inspired improved wayfinding, but we still get questions every week about how to get around and between terminals at LAX. […]
Let's get social!
Everyone has airline miles or credit card points. Almost no one knows how to use them.
Along with my fabulous team of colleagues, I help everyday people make the most of their miles and points. Whether you're a road warrior looking to upgrade your general travel experience, or a leisure traveler hoping to save money on a special vacation, PointsPros can provide advice as to the best ways to not only earn miles, but to get the very most from the points you already have.
Check out pointspros.com to learn more!
Recent and upcoming events
20 October 2017 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
9 June 2017 • FTU Advanced | Minneapolis, MN
24 February 2017 • FTU Advanced | Seattle, WA
14 October 2016 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
29 April 2016 • Frequent Traveler University Signature | Las Vegas, NV
4 December 2015 • FTU Advanced | Newport Beach, CA
16 October 2015 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
17 April 2015 • USA Today Presents Frequent Traveler University | Dallas, TX
Selected Media & Interviews
Abroaders Podcast // Episode 119 - Interview with Tiffany Funk
Credit Card Forum // 5 Underutilized Rewards-Card Strategies