Well hello there
I'm a passionate traveler and a committed problem solver. Which is a helpful combo when taking public transportation in a foreign country.
I lead a virtual team, with all the challenges and opportunities that entails. So I'm great at building connections without face-to-face contact, and *amazing* at the Internet. Need to monitor social media from China, or host a Skype call from the UAE? Been there, done that. I'm a big believer in making technology work for you, not the the other way around.
As part of that, I manage the backends of two businesses, coordinating everything from website functionality to developing advertiser relationships to building a community of clients and readers. Startups are awesome that way -- you get to do everything!
When I'm not traveling, I love playing Iron Chef in my kitchen and throwing the ball for my adorable labrador. Sometimes simultaneously.
My passion is helping people travel better -- whether that's more often, more comfortably, or more economically. If I can't answer a travel-related question, I can probably put you in touch with someone who can!
From my travels
- Heads Up: Transfers To Korean Air No Longer InstantKorean Air SkyPass has a great program for using miles for premium cabin awards. They often make 2-4 first class award seats available in advance, fly to more U.S. destinations than any other Asian carrier, and have an excellent first class product. Korean Air SkyPass also has very reasonable first class redemption rates, generous hold policies, […]
- One Passenger Dead After Southwest Engine FailureA Southwest 737-700 suffered an uncontained engine failure on Tuesday, requiring an emergency landing in Philadelphia. Flight 1380 was flying between New York and Dallas with 143 passengers and five crew members when the incident occurred. While the plane landed safely, with most passengers unharmed, seven were treated for minor injuries, and the AP is […]
- A Centurion Lounge Is Finally Coming To LAXOne of the best perks of The Platinum Card® from American Express and The Business Platinum® Card from American Express OPEN is access to Centurion Lounges. These lounges are for the most part significantly better than what’s offered by US airlines, as the lounges have complimentary cocktails, hot food, and a couple of them even have spas. As of […]
- Paying Taxes With Credit CardsAh, tax season. As many Americans are finalizing their 2017 tax returns this week, questions about earning points for making those payments always come up. I pay all my estimated quarterly and annual taxes by credit card, so figured it would be helpful to go through the details of that for people who haven’t done […]
- Update (Finally!) On New OMAAT Contributor(s)The past six weeks has been an incredible chapter for One Mile at a Time. After sharing that we were seeking a new contributor to the blog we received a stunning and humbling number of applications. From there, we worked with a small group to create and write posts for the blog. That has been an incredible […]
- What The Heck Is 5/24?We get at least three questions a day from people asking to clarify aspects of Chase's 5/24 rule. In many cases, these folks understand the gist of the policy, but get lost in the details. More and more I'm realizing that this is happening because the words and terms being used to describe the rules don't […]
Let's get social!
Everyone has airline miles or credit card points. Almost no one knows how to use them.
Along with my fabulous team of colleagues, I help everyday people make the most of their miles and points. Whether you're a road warrior looking to upgrade your general travel experience, or a leisure traveler hoping to save money on a special vacation, PointsPros can provide advice as to the best ways to not only earn miles, but to get the very most from the points you already have.
Check out pointspros.com to learn more!
Recent and upcoming events
20 October 2017 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
9 June 2017 • FTU Advanced | Minneapolis, MN
24 February 2017 • FTU Advanced | Seattle, WA
14 October 2016 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
29 April 2016 • Frequent Traveler University Signature | Las Vegas, NV
4 December 2015 • FTU Advanced | Newport Beach, CA
16 October 2015 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
17 April 2015 • USA Today Presents Frequent Traveler University | Dallas, TX
Selected Media & Interviews
Abroaders Podcast // Episode 119 - Interview with Tiffany Funk
Credit Card Forum // 5 Underutilized Rewards-Card Strategies