Well hello there
I'm a passionate traveler and a committed problem solver. Which is a helpful combo when taking public transportation in a foreign country.
I lead a virtual team, with all the challenges and opportunities that entails. So I'm great at building connections without face-to-face contact, and *amazing* at the Internet. Need to monitor social media from China, or host a Skype call from the UAE? Been there, done that. I'm a big believer in making technology work for you, not the the other way around.
As part of that, I manage the backends of two businesses, coordinating everything from website functionality to developing advertiser relationships to building a community of clients and readers. Startups are awesome that way -- you get to do everything!
When I'm not traveling, I love playing Iron Chef in my kitchen and throwing the ball for my adorable labrador. Sometimes simultaneously.
My passion is helping people travel better -- whether that's more often, more comfortably, or more economically. If I can't answer a travel-related question, I can probably put you in touch with someone who can!
From my travels
- What’s Going On With Marriott To Lufthansa Transfers?Well, this doesn't look good. For the past week or so we've been hearing about issues with Marriott Bonvoy points getting "stuck" when members have initiated transfers to Lufthansa Miles&More. This isn't entirely unusual, as post-merger many Marriott processes take longer than expected. But there are a significant number of transfers to Lufthansa that should have gone […]
- What’s Involved In Writing A Trip Report?We get a lot of questions about what blogging is like, and even more questions about writing trip reports. Having just wrapped up an extremely lengthy series on my trip to Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia, the process is pretty fresh in my mind, so I thought it would be a good time to share some of what […]
- Raffles Hotel Le Royal Phnom Penh ReviewThis will be the final segment of my trip report on Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia, which feels bittersweet. This has been a very long series (and was a long trip to start with), so it's taken a ridiculous amount of time to put together, but I've so enjoyed sharing the details with y'all. I hope […]
- Phnom Penh, Cambodia: I’m In LoveThere are places you travel to with a certain vision of what the experience will be like -- sitting streetside in a Parisian cafe while an accordion plays; inhaling scents of saffron and sumac in a crowded Turkish spice market; being enveloped in the morning mist on an early hike to Machu Picchu -- there […]
- Cambodia Angkor Air ATR 72 Siem Reap To Phnom PenhThere are a surprisingly large number of domestic carriers in Cambodia (though the majority are owned or at least subsidized by Chinese companies), and all have very tiny fleets. Most of these carriers operate a mix of aircraft, including some Airbus A319s and A320s, so that could be a good alternative for those who don't […]
- Angkor: Practical Tips For Visiting The Ancient CityWhile you can certainly spend as much time exploring the areas around Siem Reap as you'd like, it's certainly possible to experience at least a taste of the UNESCO site at Angkor on a shorter trip. We planned our itinerary such that we had an evening and then a full day exploring the Angkor Archaeological Park. […]
Let's get social!
Everyone has airline miles or credit card points. Almost no one knows how to use them.
Along with my fabulous team of colleagues, I help everyday people make the most of their miles and points. Whether you're a road warrior looking to upgrade your general travel experience, or a leisure traveler hoping to save money on a special vacation, PointsPros can provide advice as to the best ways to not only earn miles, but to get the very most from the points you already have.
Check out pointspros.com to learn more!
Recent and upcoming events
20 October 2017 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
9 June 2017 • FTU Advanced | Minneapolis, MN
24 February 2017 • FTU Advanced | Seattle, WA
14 October 2016 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
29 April 2016 • Frequent Traveler University Signature | Las Vegas, NV
4 December 2015 • FTU Advanced | Newport Beach, CA
16 October 2015 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
17 April 2015 • USA Today Presents Frequent Traveler University | Dallas, TX
Selected Media & Interviews
Abroaders Podcast // Episode 119 - Interview with Tiffany Funk
Credit Card Forum // 5 Underutilized Rewards-Card Strategies