Well hello there
I'm a passionate traveler and a committed problem solver. Which is a helpful combo when taking public transportation in a foreign country.
I lead a virtual team, with all the challenges and opportunities that entails. So I'm great at building connections without face-to-face contact, and *amazing* at the Internet. Need to monitor social media from China, or host a Skype call from the UAE? Been there, done that. I'm a big believer in making technology work for you, not the the other way around.
As part of that, I manage the backends of two businesses, coordinating everything from website functionality to developing advertiser relationships to building a community of clients and readers. Startups are awesome that way -- you get to do everything!
When I'm not traveling, I love playing Iron Chef in my kitchen and throwing the ball for my adorable labrador. Sometimes simultaneously.
My passion is helping people travel better -- whether that's more often, more comfortably, or more economically. If I can't answer a travel-related question, I can probably put you in touch with someone who can!
From my travels
- Airlines Issuing Waivers In Anticipation Of Developing HurricanesThis could shape up to be a tough week weather-wise. If you haven't heard, there are several large storms brewing in the Atlantic, with Florence being the most imminent and aggressive. Florence is now a Category 4 hurricane, and is expected to reach the Carolina coast Wednesday night/Thursday morning. Meanwhile, Guam and the Marianas are […]
- Register For The 2018 Chicago SeminarsOne of the longest standing annual miles & points “events” is the Chicago Seminars, which has been held at the Holiday Inn in Elk Grove, Illinois (near Chicago O’Hare Airport) for the past eight years. Eight years. I'm getting old. The Chicago Seminars will be returning for a ninth year, and will be held October 19-21, 2018. […]
- Where To Credit Hong Kong Airlines FlightsIf you're one of the people who was able to take advantage of the killer Hong Kong Airlines deals last week, you might be wondering where to credit the miles. I personally booked tickets to Vietnam -- a trip with our moms that my cousin Heather and I have been wanting to take for a […]
- Is It Better To Donate Miles Or Money To Charity?We're often asked about donating miles -- both whether or not it's something we do, and if it's a good way to contribute to a cause. To be completely transparent: to my recollection I have only ever donated miles as a last-ditch effort to keep an account balance from expiring, and I don't intend to […]
- Ouch: Chase Discontinuing Transfers To Korean Air Next WeekWell this is a major disappointment. Korean Air SkyPass has a great program for using miles for premium cabin awards. They often make 2-4 first class award seats available in advance, fly to more U.S. destinations than any other Asian carrier, and have an excellent first class product. Korean Air SkyPass also has very reasonable first […]
- Breaking: Aircraft Stolen From Seattle Airport, F-15s ScrambledWell this is bizarre (and scary). It appears that at some point this evening, a Horizon Q400 was absconded with from the Seattle airport, leading to a ground stop and departures hold at SeaTac. Mike was flying out this evening, and his plane was held on the tarmac for about an hour. F-15 fighters were scrambled […]
Let's get social!
Everyone has airline miles or credit card points. Almost no one knows how to use them.
Along with my fabulous team of colleagues, I help everyday people make the most of their miles and points. Whether you're a road warrior looking to upgrade your general travel experience, or a leisure traveler hoping to save money on a special vacation, PointsPros can provide advice as to the best ways to not only earn miles, but to get the very most from the points you already have.
Check out pointspros.com to learn more!
Recent and upcoming events
20 October 2017 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
9 June 2017 • FTU Advanced | Minneapolis, MN
24 February 2017 • FTU Advanced | Seattle, WA
14 October 2016 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
29 April 2016 • Frequent Traveler University Signature | Las Vegas, NV
4 December 2015 • FTU Advanced | Newport Beach, CA
16 October 2015 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
17 April 2015 • USA Today Presents Frequent Traveler University | Dallas, TX
Selected Media & Interviews
Abroaders Podcast // Episode 119 - Interview with Tiffany Funk
Credit Card Forum // 5 Underutilized Rewards-Card Strategies