Well hello there
I'm a passionate traveler and a committed problem solver. Which is a helpful combo when taking public transportation in a foreign country.
I lead a virtual team, with all the challenges and opportunities that entails. So I'm great at building connections without face-to-face contact, and *amazing* at the Internet. Need to monitor social media from China, or host a Skype call from the UAE? Been there, done that. I'm a big believer in making technology work for you, not the the other way around.
As part of that, I manage the backends of two businesses, coordinating everything from website functionality to developing advertiser relationships to building a community of clients and readers. Startups are awesome that way -- you get to do everything!
When I'm not traveling, I love playing Iron Chef in my kitchen and throwing the ball for my adorable labrador. Sometimes simultaneously.
My passion is helping people travel better -- whether that's more often, more comfortably, or more economically. If I can't answer a travel-related question, I can probably put you in touch with someone who can!
From my travels
- Star Alliance Abandons Siem ReapMuch of my time over the past few days has been spent fixing reservations to and from Siem Reap, Cambodia. If you have upcoming travel to Siem Reap on Asiana you'll want to check yours as well. Generally operational changes at a single airport wouldn't cause such a stir, but Siem Reap is a popular […]
- 1,000 Free Aeroplan Miles In Less Than A MinuteAeroplan, the independent loyalty program of Air Canada, has published a quick quiz to test your knowledge of their program. You earn 1,000 Aeroplan miles for participating, and it takes no time to complete. Fortunately, as Aeroplan and I apparently exist in different realities, it doesn't seem to matter whether or not you get the […]
- The New Business Travel Tool Is Here, But Is It Any Good?Earlier this year I wrote a post about Upside, a new travel tool that aims to disrupt the business travel market by incentivizing travelers to choose options that save their companies money. One Mile at a Time readers become automatic VIPs, get access to the Beta, and a guaranteed $300 in gift cards for every […]
- Beware The Phantom Award Space MenaceSometimes, when it comes to finding award space, it's better to be lucky than good. You can spend days and hours looking for a perfect award, and other times a glut of award space will appear out of nowhere. When this happens, it's generally best to act as quickly as possible, as one never knows […]
- Non Preoccuparti! The Best Use Of Alitalia Miles Hasn’t ChangedOver the weekend Alitalia devalued their program overnight, and implemented new pricing for SkyTeam partner awards with seemingly no notice. I wrote about MilleMiglia in November of 2014, and noted that Alitalia had a separate award chart for SkyTeam partners at that time: "In nearly all cases, these are lower than what Delta or Air […]
- Wyndham Cancels Starpoints Charity PromotionEarlier this morning Ben blogged about a Wyndham Rewards promotion that was set to launch today. Essentially, Wyndham was offering to match your Starwood Preferred Guest status and quadruple the SPG points balance you have… but only if you donated all your Starpoints to charity. Unfortunately, the promotion has now been canceled. Here’s how Wyndham […]
Let's get social!
Everyone has airline miles or credit card points. Almost no one knows how to use them.
Along with my fabulous team of colleagues, I help everyday people make the most of their miles and points. Whether you're a road warrior looking to upgrade your general travel experience, or a leisure traveler hoping to save money on a special vacation, PointsPros can provide advice as to the best ways to not only earn miles, but to get the very most from the points you already have.
Check out pointspros.com to learn more!
Recent and upcoming events
October 14-16, 2016 // Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
April 29 - May 1, 2016 // Frequent Traveler University Signature | Las Vegas, NV
December 4-6, 2015 // FTU Advanced | Newport Beach, CA
October 16-18, 2015 // Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
April 17-19, 2015 // USA Today Presents Frequent Traveler University | Dallas, TX
Selected Media & Interviews
Abroaders Podcast // Episode 119 - Interview with Tiffany Funk
Credit Card Forum // 5 Underutilized Rewards-Card Strategies