Well hello there
I'm a passionate traveler and a committed problem solver. Which is a helpful combo when taking public transportation in a foreign country.
I lead a virtual team, with all the challenges and opportunities that entails. So I'm great at building connections without face-to-face contact, and *amazing* at the Internet. Need to monitor social media from China, or host a Skype call from the UAE? Been there, done that. I'm a big believer in making technology work for you, not the the other way around.
As part of that, I manage the backends of two businesses, coordinating everything from website functionality to developing advertiser relationships to building a community of clients and readers. Startups are awesome that way -- you get to do everything!
When I'm not traveling, I love playing Iron Chef in my kitchen and throwing the ball for my adorable labrador. Sometimes simultaneously.
My passion is helping people travel better -- whether that's more often, more comfortably, or more economically. If I can't answer a travel-related question, I can probably put you in touch with someone who can!
From my travels
- Free Gogo Passes & Other Gifts For Google Fi SubscribersLike last year, Google's Project Fi phone service is giving out holiday gifts to subscribers. In many cases these are Gogo wifi passes, so it's worth taking a few moments to collect yours. Some people have received an email from Project Fi (the subject is "Here's a holiday treat from your friends at Project Fi"), […]
- Swiss Cancels Aeroplan First Class TicketsEarly last week Swiss first class award availability was bookable using Star Alliance miles. While Swiss released a ton of first class award availability until 2013, starting then they began restricting first class award availability to elite members of the Miles & More program, which makes it one of the most restrictive first class products out there […]
- End Of Year Status Pushes: Do They Make Sense?I've been receiving tons of messages this week from people who are looking at their progress towards elite qualification with airline and hotel programs, and realizing they may be a bit short. The inevitable follow-up is what are the best ways to top off their accounts, and whether or not the status benefits are even worth […]
- How To Get Between Terminals At LAXAirports can be confusing, particularly in the case of terminals designed for the jet era that haven't adapted as well to modern aviation. The terminal shift at Los Angeles International Airport earlier this year has inspired improved wayfinding, but we still get questions every week about how to get around and between terminals at LAX. […]
- Mandatory Holiday Dinners: Have Hotels Lost Their Fool Minds?!?It's December, which means it's time for my traditional scramble to book something interesting over New Years. It's really the only time of year where my husband and I can both take a few days off, and since we don't really care where we go, we've typically let award availability dictate our destination. That's led to […]
- 10 Travel Gifts We’d Love To ReceiveShopping is hard, particularly for those of us who like to maximize deals and earn as many points as possible during the gifting season. For our Holiday Gift Guide this year, we've tried to curate a range of practical items at compelling price points, including some of our favorite presents to give and receive. And, since […]
Let's get social!
Everyone has airline miles or credit card points. Almost no one knows how to use them.
Along with my fabulous team of colleagues, I help everyday people make the most of their miles and points. Whether you're a road warrior looking to upgrade your general travel experience, or a leisure traveler hoping to save money on a special vacation, PointsPros can provide advice as to the best ways to not only earn miles, but to get the very most from the points you already have.
Check out pointspros.com to learn more!
Recent and upcoming events
20 October 2017 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
9 June 2017 • FTU Advanced | Minneapolis, MN
24 February 2017 • FTU Advanced | Seattle, WA
14 October 2016 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
29 April 2016 • Frequent Traveler University Signature | Las Vegas, NV
4 December 2015 • FTU Advanced | Newport Beach, CA
16 October 2015 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
17 April 2015 • USA Today Presents Frequent Traveler University | Dallas, TX
Selected Media & Interviews
Abroaders Podcast // Episode 119 - Interview with Tiffany Funk
Credit Card Forum // 5 Underutilized Rewards-Card Strategies