Well hello there
I'm a passionate traveler and a committed problem solver. Which is a helpful combo when taking public transportation in a foreign country.
I lead a virtual team, with all the challenges and opportunities that entails. So I'm great at building connections without face-to-face contact, and *amazing* at the Internet. Need to monitor social media from China, or host a Skype call from the UAE? Been there, done that. I'm a big believer in making technology work for you, not the the other way around.
As part of that, I manage the backends of two businesses, coordinating everything from website functionality to developing advertiser relationships to building a community of clients and readers. Startups are awesome that way -- you get to do everything!
When I'm not traveling, I love playing Iron Chef in my kitchen and throwing the ball for my adorable labrador. Sometimes simultaneously.
My passion is helping people travel better -- whether that's more often, more comfortably, or more economically. If I can't answer a travel-related question, I can probably put you in touch with someone who can!
From my travels
- 5 Fantastic Uses Of United MilesThere are numerous ways to use United miles, and you can do some really fun stuff with stopovers and open-jaws. For the purposes of this post I'm going to keep it simple and highlight the one-way prices for some of the "sweet spots" in the United award chart, along with a couple of regions where […]
- How To Safely Fly With Your DogOver the weekend both View From the Wing and Live and Let's Fly shared the heartbreaking story of a dog who died after being shipped on a United Airlines flight. The owner's mom checked the dog in to United in Detroit for what should have been a relatively simple itinerary to Portland, Oregon via Chicago. […]
- The Crazy Way I’m Re-Routing Due To New York WeatherAs you’ve probably seen by now, the US Northeast has been hit by quite the winter storm. Over 4100 flights were canceled, and 4300 more were delayed as airports and airlines struggled to combat the influx of snow and ice. When I posted about the weather cancelations on Wednesday, I mentioned that I too was […]
- 2,000+ Flights Cancelled Due To Winter StormsAs the projected severity of the winter storm in the Northeast increases, most domestic airlines in the US have either canceled flights, or issued waivers for travel over the next few days. A bit of snow (much less a blizzard) can cause systemwide disruptions, so if you’re scheduled to travel this weekend you’ll want to […]
- Great Travel Savings & Bonus Gift Cards With UpsideI've written previously about Upside, a new travel tool that aims to disrupt the business travel market by incentivizing travelers to choose options that save their companies money. Now that the public version is live, I figured I'd test a few itineraries and see what kind of deals Upside can offer. My husband has a […]
- Trump’s Immigration Ban Creates Chaos For TravelersYesterday afternoon, President Trump issued an executive order immediately banning nationals of Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Somalia, Syria, Yemen and Libya from entering or transiting the United States. This is a sweeping ban, and includes not just tourists, but students, guest workers, legal immigrants, refugees, and potentially U.S. green card holders who originally came from one […]
Let's get social!
Everyone has airline miles or credit card points. Almost no one knows how to use them.
Along with my fabulous team of colleagues, I help everyday people make the most of their miles and points. Whether you're a road warrior looking to upgrade your general travel experience, or a leisure traveler hoping to save money on a special vacation, PointsPros can provide advice as to the best ways to not only earn miles, but to get the very most from the points you already have.
Check out pointspros.com to learn more!
Recent and upcoming events
October 14-16, 2016 // Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
April 29 - May 1, 2016 // Frequent Traveler University Signature | Las Vegas, NV
December 4-6, 2015 // FTU Advanced | Newport Beach, CA
October 16-18, 2015 // Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
April 17-19, 2015 // USA Today Presents Frequent Traveler University | Dallas, TX
Selected Media & Interviews
Abroaders Podcast // Episode 119 - Interview with Tiffany Funk
Credit Card Forum // 5 Underutilized Rewards-Card Strategies