Well hello there
I'm a passionate traveler and a committed problem solver. Which is a helpful combo when taking public transportation in a foreign country.
I lead a virtual team, with all the challenges and opportunities that entails. So I'm great at building connections without face-to-face contact, and *amazing* at the Internet. Need to monitor social media from China, or host a Skype call from the UAE? Been there, done that. I'm a big believer in making technology work for you, not the the other way around.
As part of that, I manage the backends of two businesses, coordinating everything from website functionality to developing advertiser relationships to building a community of clients and readers. Startups are awesome that way -- you get to do everything!
When I'm not traveling, I love playing Iron Chef in my kitchen and throwing the ball for my adorable labrador. Sometimes simultaneously.
My passion is helping people travel better -- whether that's more often, more comfortably, or more economically. If I can't answer a travel-related question, I can probably put you in touch with someone who can!
From my travels
- Paying Taxes With Credit CardsAh, tax season. As many Americans are starting to finalize their tax returns, questions about earning points for making those payments always come up. I pay all my estimated quarterly and annual taxes by credit card, so figured it would be helpful to go through the details of that for people who haven’t done it […]
- Learn About Travel Blogging (Plus Save $50) At TravelCon 2019We get messages every day from folks asking for more details about how Ben got started as a travel blogger, or from people who have already started some kind of blog or content site and have questions for me about the practical details of everything that goes into dealing with an online business. Obviously there […]
- Credit Card Review: The Marriott Bonvoy Amex Canada CardsAs part of the rebranding of the combined Marriott and SPG rewards programs, the refreshed “Marriott Bonvoy” cards launched in the Canadian market last week. Historically the SPG Amex cards were two of the most popular cards for Canadian travelers, but as with their American counterparts the earnings options and benefits are very different under […]
- You’ve Been Bonvoyed: How To Fix Incorrect Marriott Points Advance ReservationsIn an update that will surprise absolutely no one (unless you work for Marriott, in which case I imagine every day lately is a fresh wave of surprise and horror), Bonvoy is not displaying the correct prices for Points Advance reservations made prior to the March 5th category updates. Here's how Marriott Points Advance reservations […]
- Canada: Winners And Losers With The New Amex Platinum Earning StructureThe Canadian version of The Platinum Card announced some significant changes last week (and some less-significant ones, like the card now coming in a metal-ish version). We've been receiving quite a few questions from readers and clients as to whether these are in fact positive changes, so I thought it might be helpful to go through everything […]
- How To Use Miles For The World’s Best First Class AirlinesRecently Ben shared his ranking of what he considers to be The World’s Best First Class Airlines, based on his experiences flying pretty much every commercial first class out there. Unlike the fancy rankings you see elsewhere, with questionable methodologies that seem directly correlated to airline sponsorship, we pay for all our own flights, and do […]
Let's get social!
Everyone has airline miles or credit card points. Almost no one knows how to use them.
Along with my fabulous team of colleagues, I help everyday people make the most of their miles and points. Whether you're a road warrior looking to upgrade your general travel experience, or a leisure traveler hoping to save money on a special vacation, PointsPros can provide advice as to the best ways to not only earn miles, but to get the very most from the points you already have.
Check out pointspros.com to learn more!
Recent and upcoming events
20 October 2017 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
9 June 2017 • FTU Advanced | Minneapolis, MN
24 February 2017 • FTU Advanced | Seattle, WA
14 October 2016 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
29 April 2016 • Frequent Traveler University Signature | Las Vegas, NV
4 December 2015 • FTU Advanced | Newport Beach, CA
16 October 2015 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
17 April 2015 • USA Today Presents Frequent Traveler University | Dallas, TX
Selected Media & Interviews
Abroaders Podcast // Episode 119 - Interview with Tiffany Funk
Credit Card Forum // 5 Underutilized Rewards-Card Strategies