Well hello there
I'm a passionate traveler and a committed problem solver. Which is a helpful combo when taking public transportation in a foreign country.
I lead a virtual team, with all the challenges and opportunities that entails. So I'm great at building connections without face-to-face contact, and *amazing* at the Internet. Need to monitor social media from China, or host a Skype call from the UAE? Been there, done that. I'm a big believer in making technology work for you, not the the other way around.
As part of that, I manage the backends of two businesses, coordinating everything from website functionality to developing advertiser relationships to building a community of clients and readers. Startups are awesome that way -- you get to do everything!
When I'm not traveling, I love playing Iron Chef in my kitchen and throwing the ball for my adorable labrador. Sometimes simultaneously.
My passion is helping people travel better -- whether that's more often, more comfortably, or more economically. If I can't answer a travel-related question, I can probably put you in touch with someone who can!
From my travels
- New OMAAT Email System: Please Check Your SubscriptionsJust a quick housekeeping update as we transitioned to a new email service yesterday (the previous one has been in place since 2008, and has been causing problems). I realize everyone is already receiving too many dang emails due to GDPR compliance stuff, and apologies for adding to that. This is a long-planned switch, but […]
- Tip: Use Free Heathrow Airport Buses Instead Of The “Hotel Hoppa”London's Heathrow airport doesn't allow the neighboring hotels to operate shuttles. Instead, there's a common shuttle called the "Hotel Hoppa" that has a few different routes to the local hotels. The Heathrow Express used to be the greatest ripoff at Heathrow, advertising 15 minute journeys to Central London (providing, of course, that you want to […]
- Which Credit Card To Use When?We frequently discuss how different credit cards can best be leveraged in a given situation, but sometimes it can still be difficult to pinpoint exactly which cards make sense for you. Reader Matt H. posed this question last week on the Ask Lucky forum: "I am sure this has been asked in a previous question, but I […]
- Comparing The Domestic Flight Experience On Delta And AmericanMoving to Washington State last year was pretty much the end of my loyalty to American Airlines. The relationship was already deteriorating -- the elite benefits stopped being as competitive, and there was nothing to justify the higher fares versus other carriers -- but American has very little presence in Spokane with just three daily […]
- Don’t Fall For Delta’s New “SkyMiles Deals”Delta just launched a new initiative for SkyMiles -- a dedicated page highlighting what Delta is considering the best award flights bookable with SkyMiles at any given point in time. These aren't actually amazing uses of SkyMiles. Let's dig in to the details.
- Up To 50k Points For Upgrading Your Marriott Card (And Why You Might Want To Wait)As Marriott Rewards, Ritz-Carlton Rewards, and Starwood Preferred Guest continue their integration plans, new co-branded credit cards are being issued with both Chase and American Express. The Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card has just been introduced, and has a big 100,000 point sign-up bonus. Those with the previous Marriott Rewards Premier Card are also receiving customized offers to upgrade to the […]
Let's get social!
Everyone has airline miles or credit card points. Almost no one knows how to use them.
Along with my fabulous team of colleagues, I help everyday people make the most of their miles and points. Whether you're a road warrior looking to upgrade your general travel experience, or a leisure traveler hoping to save money on a special vacation, PointsPros can provide advice as to the best ways to not only earn miles, but to get the very most from the points you already have.
Check out pointspros.com to learn more!
Recent and upcoming events
20 October 2017 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
9 June 2017 • FTU Advanced | Minneapolis, MN
24 February 2017 • FTU Advanced | Seattle, WA
14 October 2016 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
29 April 2016 • Frequent Traveler University Signature | Las Vegas, NV
4 December 2015 • FTU Advanced | Newport Beach, CA
16 October 2015 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
17 April 2015 • USA Today Presents Frequent Traveler University | Dallas, TX
Selected Media & Interviews
Abroaders Podcast // Episode 119 - Interview with Tiffany Funk
Credit Card Forum // 5 Underutilized Rewards-Card Strategies