Well hello there
I'm a passionate traveler and a committed problem solver. Which is a helpful combo when taking public transportation in a foreign country.
I lead a virtual team, with all the challenges and opportunities that entails. So I'm great at building connections without face-to-face contact, and *amazing* at the Internet. Need to monitor social media from China, or host a Skype call from the UAE? Been there, done that. I'm a big believer in making technology work for you, not the the other way around.
As part of that, I manage the backends of two businesses, coordinating everything from website functionality to developing advertiser relationships to building a community of clients and readers. Startups are awesome that way -- you get to do everything!
When I'm not traveling, I love playing Iron Chef in my kitchen and throwing the ball for my adorable labrador. Sometimes simultaneously.
My passion is helping people travel better -- whether that's more often, more comfortably, or more economically. If I can't answer a travel-related question, I can probably put you in touch with someone who can!
From my travels
- Canada: Winners And Losers With The New Amex Platinum Earning StructureThe Canadian version of The Platinum Card announced some significant changes last week (and some less-significant ones, like the card now coming in a metal-ish version). We've been receiving quite a few questions from readers and clients as to whether these are in fact positive changes, so I thought it might be helpful to go through everything […]
- How To Use Miles For The World’s Best First Class AirlinesRecently Ben shared his ranking of what he considers to be The World’s Best First Class Airlines, based on his experiences flying pretty much every commercial first class out there. Unlike the fancy rankings you see elsewhere, with questionable methodologies that seem directly correlated to airline sponsorship, we pay for all our own flights, and do […]
- An Impressive New Award Search Tool From Juicy MilesOne of the trickiest things about redeeming miles is accurately searching award space. You have to know where to search for it, the foibles of each search engine, and that's before you even get into the thick of what partners each airline has and the corresponding routing rules. It can be a lot. Of course, […]
- Where To Credit Hong Kong Airlines FlightsIf you're one of the people who was able to take advantage of the killer Hong Kong Airlines deals last August, your trip is likely approaching soon, and you might be wondering where to credit the miles. I originally wrote this post right after the fare was published, but a few things have changed, so I […]
- Planning A Trip To Vietnam (And Maybe Beyond)Last September I shared some details of a trip that my cousin Heather and I were planning with our moms. We've been talking about taking our moms on a trip to Vietnam for a few years now. It's not somewhere either of them would naturally go on their own, and the kind of trip we're […]
- How To Use The Southwest Companion PassThe Companion Pass is probably the best way to get discounts on Southwest Airlines, as you're effectively getting 2-for-1 travel for as long as you have the pass. And before anyone makes a snarky comment about no one at OMAAT flying WN, the last time I flew Southwest was a week ago Wednesday, and my […]
Let's get social!
Everyone has airline miles or credit card points. Almost no one knows how to use them.
Along with my fabulous team of colleagues, I help everyday people make the most of their miles and points. Whether you're a road warrior looking to upgrade your general travel experience, or a leisure traveler hoping to save money on a special vacation, PointsPros can provide advice as to the best ways to not only earn miles, but to get the very most from the points you already have.
Check out pointspros.com to learn more!
Recent and upcoming events
20 October 2017 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
9 June 2017 • FTU Advanced | Minneapolis, MN
24 February 2017 • FTU Advanced | Seattle, WA
14 October 2016 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
29 April 2016 • Frequent Traveler University Signature | Las Vegas, NV
4 December 2015 • FTU Advanced | Newport Beach, CA
16 October 2015 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
17 April 2015 • USA Today Presents Frequent Traveler University | Dallas, TX
Selected Media & Interviews
Abroaders Podcast // Episode 119 - Interview with Tiffany Funk
Credit Card Forum // 5 Underutilized Rewards-Card Strategies