Well hello there
I'm a passionate traveler and a committed problem solver. Which is a helpful combo when taking public transportation in a foreign country.
I lead a virtual team, with all the challenges and opportunities that entails. So I'm great at building connections without face-to-face contact, and *amazing* at the Internet. Need to monitor social media from China, or host a Skype call from the UAE? Been there, done that. I'm a big believer in making technology work for you, not the the other way around.
As part of that, I manage the backends of two businesses, coordinating everything from website functionality to developing advertiser relationships to building a community of clients and readers. Startups are awesome that way -- you get to do everything!
When I'm not traveling, I love playing Iron Chef in my kitchen and throwing the ball for my adorable labrador. Sometimes simultaneously.
My passion is helping people travel better -- whether that's more often, more comfortably, or more economically. If I can't answer a travel-related question, I can probably put you in touch with someone who can!
From my travels
- Sneak Peek: Cathay Pacific’s New London Heathrow LoungeCathay Pacific has been refreshing many of their lounges worldwide, which has led to some pretty impressive spaces, like the new "The Pier" lounge in Hong Kong, which is one of our favorite airport lounges. The new Cathay Pacific Heathrow lounge had a "soft opening" yesterday, and is scheduled to fully open to passengers on […]
- Our Favorite Holiday GiftsFor our Holiday Gift Guide this year, we've put together an assortment of gifts that are perfect for any type of traveler. We've tried to curate a range of items and price points, including some of our favorite presents to give and receive. And, since OMAAT is all about maximizing value, we've hunted for the […]
- Oklahoma City Flights Cancelled Due To ShootingSad news out of Oklahoma City, where a full ground stop has been ordered in the aftermath of a shooting. This is a developing story, and details are thin, but the Oklahoma City Police department has confirmed one victim thus far, a Southwest Airlines employee who was shot in the airport parking lot. The police […]
- 80,000 Bonus Point Offer Now Live!Yesterday I reported a rumor that the Chase Ink Plus would be officially discontinued today, and be replaced with a new business credit card. That seems to be true, and we now have official details on the new Ink Business Preferred Credit Card. The card is launching with an 80,000 bonus point welcome offer, which […]
- Last Call For 60,000 Bonus Points & 5x Earnings?Ben has previously written about how Chase is apparently introducing a new business credit card, called the Ink Business Preferred. This card is expected to replace the Ink Plus® Business Credit Card, which means Chase will likely stop accepting applications for the Ink Plus when the Ink Preferred is introduced. Doctor of Credit (who generally […]
- Review: Belgrade Food TourThis year I've started doing more and more food tours when I travel. Ben and I did a "pub crawl" style tour in Madrid last year, I took my family on a crazy tuk-tuk tour in Bangkok, etc. Food tours are a really fun way to get a taste (hah!) of a city in a […]
Let's get social!
Everyone has airline miles or credit card points. Almost no one knows how to use them.
Along with my fabulous team of colleagues, I help everyday people make the most of their miles and points. Whether you're a road warrior looking to upgrade your general travel experience, or a leisure traveler hoping to save money on a special vacation, PointsPros can provide advice as to the best ways to not only earn miles, but to get the very most from the points you already have.
Check out pointspros.com to learn more!
Recent and upcoming events
October 14-16, 2016 // Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
April 29 - May 1, 2016 // Frequent Traveler University Signature | Las Vegas, NV
December 4-6, 2015 // FTU Advanced | Newport Beach, CA
October 16-18, 2015 // Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
April 17-19, 2015 // USA Today Presents Frequent Traveler University | Dallas, TX
Selected Media & Interviews
Abroaders Podcast // Episode 119 - Interview with Tiffany Funk
Credit Card Forum // 5 Underutilized Rewards-Card Strategies