Well hello there
I'm a passionate traveler and a committed problem solver. Which is a helpful combo when taking public transportation in a foreign country.
I lead a virtual team, with all the challenges and opportunities that entails. So I'm great at building connections without face-to-face contact, and *amazing* at the Internet. Need to monitor social media from China, or host a Skype call from the UAE? Been there, done that. I'm a big believer in making technology work for you, not the the other way around.
As part of that, I manage the backends of two businesses, coordinating everything from website functionality to developing advertiser relationships to building a community of clients and readers. Startups are awesome that way -- you get to do everything!
When I'm not traveling, I love playing Iron Chef in my kitchen and throwing the ball for my adorable labrador. Sometimes simultaneously.
My passion is helping people travel better -- whether that's more often, more comfortably, or more economically. If I can't answer a travel-related question, I can probably put you in touch with someone who can!
From my travels
- Romanian Road Trip: Part TwoGosh we have had incredible weather this week! I'm sure we'd be having a grand time regardless, but the literally picture-perfect autumn glow making everything golden and cozy sure doesn't hurt. Other than exclaiming in delight at the landscape as we round every corner, here's what we've been up to. The post Romanian Road Trip: […]
- 6 Of The Worst Hotels We’ve Ever Stayed AtWe've invented a new game on this road trip, having exhausted our previous car-ride favorite of Airport Code Jumble, and while I don't have a catchy name quite yet, the theme is "Name Hotels That Were Literally The Worst." I'm not quite admitting to the...let's say eclectic nature...of our Romanian lodging selections as inspiring this […]
- Brunch In The Transylvanian CountrysideTo start off our second full day in Romania, we headed out to the countryside of Transylvania, and the tiny hamlet of Veseud. I can't remember where I first heard of these Saturday brunches, but I was instantly enamored by the idea. The brunch moves from place to place during the season, so different towns […]
- Romanian Road Trip: Amazing So FarI really have to thank you guys for all your insights into Romania as we were planning this trip. I ultimately chose our itinerary by pasting all your suggestions on hotels and activities into a geographically-grouped table, chunked things out by how much driving I thought we could reasonably do in a day, and then […]
- How To Use Juicy Miles To Find Award Space (Plus A Special Promo)One of the trickiest things about redeeming miles is accurately searching award space. You have to know where to search for it, the foibles of each search engine, and that's before you even get into the thick of what partners each airline has and the corresponding routing rules. It can be a lot. Of course, […]
- Don’t Forget: 2019 Chicago SeminarsI can't believe I forgot to write about this earlier. Well, I can, as it's been a complicated summer here, and this is one of those things each year where I know I'm going, pretty much everyone I know seems to be going, and at some level I think I just assumed that you were all […]
Let's get social!
Everyone has airline miles or credit card points. Almost no one knows how to use them.
Along with my fabulous team of colleagues, I help everyday people make the most of their miles and points. Whether you're a road warrior looking to upgrade your general travel experience, or a leisure traveler hoping to save money on a special vacation, PointsPros can provide advice as to the best ways to not only earn miles, but to get the very most from the points you already have.
Check out pointspros.com to learn more!
Recent and upcoming events
20 October 2017 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
9 June 2017 • FTU Advanced | Minneapolis, MN
24 February 2017 • FTU Advanced | Seattle, WA
14 October 2016 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
29 April 2016 • Frequent Traveler University Signature | Las Vegas, NV
4 December 2015 • FTU Advanced | Newport Beach, CA
16 October 2015 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
17 April 2015 • USA Today Presents Frequent Traveler University | Dallas, TX
Selected Media & Interviews
Abroaders Podcast // Episode 119 - Interview with Tiffany Funk
Credit Card Forum // 5 Underutilized Rewards-Card Strategies