Well hello there
I'm a passionate traveler and a committed problem solver. Which is a helpful combo when taking public transportation in a foreign country.
I lead a virtual team, with all the challenges and opportunities that entails. So I'm great at building connections without face-to-face contact, and *amazing* at the Internet. Need to monitor social media from China, or host a Skype call from the UAE? Been there, done that. I'm a big believer in making technology work for you, not the the other way around.
As part of that, I manage the backends of two businesses, coordinating everything from website functionality to developing advertiser relationships to building a community of clients and readers. Startups are awesome that way -- you get to do everything!
When I'm not traveling, I love playing Iron Chef in my kitchen and throwing the ball for my adorable labrador. Sometimes simultaneously.
My passion is helping people travel better -- whether that's more often, more comfortably, or more economically. If I can't answer a travel-related question, I can probably put you in touch with someone who can!
From my travels
- Ouch: Chase Discontinuing Transfers To Korean Air Next WeekWell this is a major disappointment. Korean Air SkyPass has a great program for using miles for premium cabin awards. They often make 2-4 first class award seats available in advance, fly to more U.S. destinations than any other Asian carrier, and have an excellent first class product. Korean Air SkyPass also has very reasonable first […]
- Breaking: Aircraft Stolen From Seattle Airport, F-15s ScrambledWell this is bizarre (and scary). It appears that at some point this evening, a Horizon Q400 was absconded with from the Seattle airport, leading to a ground stop and departures hold at SeaTac. Mike was flying out this evening, and his plane was held on the tarmac for about an hour. F-15 fighters were scrambled […]
- Washington DC: Mini Meetup Next Friday August 10thI'll be in Washington D.C. next weekend for Frequent Traveler University, and as Spencer and Andrew both live there, I'm flying in a bit early to spend time with them. As we had such a nice time at our London Happy Hour a few months ago, we thought it would be nice to once again […]
- YAY! Promotional Iberia Avios Now Posting!Many of us can enjoy a collective sigh of relief -- it looks like the 90,000 Avios from the recent Iberia promotion are starting to hit accounts. With some caveats, of course. My account is registered in the U.S., and I used Iberia.com to purchase my tickets. As of a few minutes ago, my account […]
- How To Find Award Availability With Iberia AviosIn responding to comments this morning, it seems there is still a lot of enthusiasm around the potential 90,000 mile Iberia promo, and even more questions about how to actually use Iberia Avios. As you've probably noticed when booking your revenue tickets, the Iberia website is not the most intuitive experience. So I figured I'd […]
- New OMAAT Email System: Please Check Your SubscriptionsJust a quick housekeeping update as we transitioned to a new email service yesterday (the previous one has been in place since 2008, and has been causing problems). I realize everyone is already receiving too many dang emails due to GDPR compliance stuff, and apologies for adding to that. This is a long-planned switch, but […]
Let's get social!
Everyone has airline miles or credit card points. Almost no one knows how to use them.
Along with my fabulous team of colleagues, I help everyday people make the most of their miles and points. Whether you're a road warrior looking to upgrade your general travel experience, or a leisure traveler hoping to save money on a special vacation, PointsPros can provide advice as to the best ways to not only earn miles, but to get the very most from the points you already have.
Check out pointspros.com to learn more!
Recent and upcoming events
20 October 2017 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
9 June 2017 • FTU Advanced | Minneapolis, MN
24 February 2017 • FTU Advanced | Seattle, WA
14 October 2016 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
29 April 2016 • Frequent Traveler University Signature | Las Vegas, NV
4 December 2015 • FTU Advanced | Newport Beach, CA
16 October 2015 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
17 April 2015 • USA Today Presents Frequent Traveler University | Dallas, TX
Selected Media & Interviews
Abroaders Podcast // Episode 119 - Interview with Tiffany Funk
Credit Card Forum // 5 Underutilized Rewards-Card Strategies