Well hello there
I'm a passionate traveler and a committed problem solver. Which is a helpful combo when taking public transportation in a foreign country.
I lead a virtual team, with all the challenges and opportunities that entails. So I'm great at building connections without face-to-face contact, and *amazing* at the Internet. Need to monitor social media from China, or host a Skype call from the UAE? Been there, done that. I'm a big believer in making technology work for you, not the the other way around.
As part of that, I manage the backends of two businesses, coordinating everything from website functionality to developing advertiser relationships to building a community of clients and readers. Startups are awesome that way -- you get to do everything!
When I'm not traveling, I love playing Iron Chef in my kitchen and throwing the ball for my adorable labrador. Sometimes simultaneously.
My passion is helping people travel better -- whether that's more often, more comfortably, or more economically. If I can't answer a travel-related question, I can probably put you in touch with someone who can!
From my travels
- Earning The Southwest Companion Pass: Timing & FAQsThe Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card and Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card are offering bonuses of up to 60,000 Rapid Rewards points upon completing minimum spend, and we now know that those increased offers will end on October 4, 2017. Reader Fotobrad posted a question about how to time earning those 110k points in Ask Lucky: "I've read about applying […]
- Up For Grabs: $10 Off Blacklane Car Service RidesIf you don’t yet have a Blacklane account you can receive a 20% discount on your first ride when using our link. We receive a future discount as well, and appreciate the support! We’re on record here at OMAAT as preferring to avoid taxis, as our rides nearly always end up being highly entertaining, and not particularly efficient.…
- Hurricane Irma Continues To Cause Massive Disruptions To Air TravelThere's always a balance when it comes to reporting on events and how they impact travel. Like many of you, we've been glued to coverage and updates of Hurricane Irma for the past several days, and there have certainly been plenty of travel-related announcements, but there's a point where it can be a bit much, […]
- 4,000 Or 5,000 Membership Rewards Points For Nest.com PurchaseAmerican Express has a new incentive for some cardholders today through their Amex Offers program. If your card has the offer, you can receive either 4,000 Membership Rewards points for making a purchase of $199 or more, or 5,000 points for a $249+ purchase on Nest.com. A new Nest thermostat is ~$249 (they're a bit […]
- American Cancels ALL Miami Flights This Weekend In Anticipation Of Hurricane IrmaAmerican Airlines appears to be anticipating a shutdown of Miami Airport on Friday and Saturday, and has preemptively canceled all operations. This is probably a good decision, as unlike some airports, MIA isn't equipped for high-wind situations. The terminal itself isn't designated as a safe shelter in the event of a hurricane, and the FAA […]
- Hundreds Of Flights Canceled As Hurricane Irma Approaches CaribbeanAs Texas struggles to deal with the aftermath of Harvey, a second major hurricane is expected to hit Puerto Rico and the British and U.S. Virgin Islands later today and into tomorrow. This is forecasted to be a big storm, with potentially devastating repercussions. Even with the National Hurricane Center warning that "preparations should be rushed to […]
Let's get social!
Everyone has airline miles or credit card points. Almost no one knows how to use them.
Along with my fabulous team of colleagues, I help everyday people make the most of their miles and points. Whether you're a road warrior looking to upgrade your general travel experience, or a leisure traveler hoping to save money on a special vacation, PointsPros can provide advice as to the best ways to not only earn miles, but to get the very most from the points you already have.
Check out pointspros.com to learn more!
Recent and upcoming events
20 October 2017 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
9 June 2017 • FTU Advanced | Minneapolis, MN
24 February 2017 • FTU Advanced | Seattle, WA
14 October 2016 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
29 April 2016 • Frequent Traveler University Signature | Las Vegas, NV
4 December 2015 • FTU Advanced | Newport Beach, CA
16 October 2015 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
17 April 2015 • USA Today Presents Frequent Traveler University | Dallas, TX
Selected Media & Interviews
Abroaders Podcast // Episode 119 - Interview with Tiffany Funk
Credit Card Forum // 5 Underutilized Rewards-Card Strategies