Well hello there
I'm a passionate traveler and a committed problem solver. Which is a helpful combo when taking public transportation in a foreign country.
I lead a virtual team, with all the challenges and opportunities that entails. So I'm great at building connections without face-to-face contact, and *amazing* at the Internet. Need to monitor social media from China, or host a Skype call from the UAE? Been there, done that. I'm a big believer in making technology work for you, not the the other way around.
As part of that, I manage the backends of two businesses, coordinating everything from website functionality to developing advertiser relationships to building a community of clients and readers. Startups are awesome that way -- you get to do everything!
When I'm not traveling, I love playing Iron Chef in my kitchen and throwing the ball for my adorable labrador. Sometimes simultaneously.
My passion is helping people travel better -- whether that's more often, more comfortably, or more economically. If I can't answer a travel-related question, I can probably put you in touch with someone who can!
From my travels
- Just Two Weeks Left Until The Chicago Seminars!One of the longest standing annual miles & points “events” is the Chicago Seminars, which has been held at the Holiday Inn in Elk Grove, Illinois (near Chicago O’Hare Airport) for the past eight years. Eight years. I'm getting old. The Chicago Seminars will be returning for a ninth year, and will be held October 19-21, 2018. […]
- Virgin Atlantic To Partner With Aviation GinWhile we often see a bit of an arms race in terms of airline champagne offerings, those who enjoy other spirits are often left out. I'm always a bit surprised at the lack of thought and selection for spirits in premium cabins. It's odd to me that you'd stock $200 bottles of Champagne, and then […]
- Don’t Forget: Last Day For 5x Chase Freedom Points At Gas Stations, Lyft, And WalgreensThe Chase Freedom is one of my favorite no annual fee credit cards, as it offers 5x points in rotating quarterly categories, for up to $1,500 of spend per quarter. Most people use this as a cashback card, meaning the 5x points really translates into 5% cashback in these categories. The best part is that in […]
- Happy 50th Birthday To The Queen Of The Skies!Today marks 50 years from when the first 747 aircraft rolled off the line at the Boeing factory in Everett. That first aircraft is now an exhibit at the Museum of Flight, and Boeing spent a few minutes talking about the plane and its history earlier this weekend, which is sorta fun. While the airframe was […]
- Weekly Review: September 29, 2018Whew this has been an exciting week! Ben is off getting hitched this weekend, and has been making an admirable effort to not work. While challenging, it's actually been extremely enjoyable for me to set aside the bulk of my usual responsibilities to focus on blogging every day (and I'm grateful to have Spencer, James, and […]
- What You Need To Know About Long Selling Award TicketsOkay, maybe "need" is a strong word, because roughly 99% of the time you're not going to need to know this information in order to book award tickets. But there were a lot of questions earlier in the week about how I was able to get a Kenya Airways award issued that Ben (and multiple agents) […]
Let's get social!
Everyone has airline miles or credit card points. Almost no one knows how to use them.
Along with my fabulous team of colleagues, I help everyday people make the most of their miles and points. Whether you're a road warrior looking to upgrade your general travel experience, or a leisure traveler hoping to save money on a special vacation, PointsPros can provide advice as to the best ways to not only earn miles, but to get the very most from the points you already have.
Check out pointspros.com to learn more!
Recent and upcoming events
20 October 2017 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
9 June 2017 • FTU Advanced | Minneapolis, MN
24 February 2017 • FTU Advanced | Seattle, WA
14 October 2016 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
29 April 2016 • Frequent Traveler University Signature | Las Vegas, NV
4 December 2015 • FTU Advanced | Newport Beach, CA
16 October 2015 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
17 April 2015 • USA Today Presents Frequent Traveler University | Dallas, TX
Selected Media & Interviews
Abroaders Podcast // Episode 119 - Interview with Tiffany Funk
Credit Card Forum // 5 Underutilized Rewards-Card Strategies