Well hello there
I'm a passionate traveler and a committed problem solver. Which is a helpful combo when taking public transportation in a foreign country.
I lead a virtual team, with all the challenges and opportunities that entails. So I'm great at building connections without face-to-face contact, and *amazing* at the Internet. Need to monitor social media from China, or host a Skype call from the UAE? Been there, done that. I'm a big believer in making technology work for you, not the the other way around.
As part of that, I manage the backends of two businesses, coordinating everything from website functionality to developing advertiser relationships to building a community of clients and readers. Startups are awesome that way -- you get to do everything!
When I'm not traveling, I love playing Iron Chef in my kitchen and throwing the ball for my adorable labrador. Sometimes simultaneously.
My passion is helping people travel better -- whether that's more often, more comfortably, or more economically. If I can't answer a travel-related question, I can probably put you in touch with someone who can!
From my travels
- Update On Our Search For A New OMAAT ContributorLast month we put out a call for smart and savvy people who might be interested in writing for One Mile at a Time. We of course hoped there would be quite a bit of interest, but by the time the 2-week application window closed we'd heard from an absolutely humbling number of individuals with such […]
- Flash Sale: $30 Off Frequent Traveler University In New York Or Washington DCThe Frequent Traveler University events provide an opportunity for miles and points enthusiasts to spend a weekend diving in to the nitty-gritty details of various programs and opportunities, meeting people with shared interests, and generally geeking out over travel. They’re fun events, and I’ve enjoyed presenting and socializing at several of them over the past few years (and I […]
- Flash Sale: Save On Upcoming Frequent Traveler Events In London, New York, & Washington DCThe Frequent Traveler University events provide an opportunity for miles and points enthusiasts to spend a weekend diving in to the nitty-gritty details of various programs and opportunities, meeting people with shared interests, and generally geeking out over travel. They’re fun events, and I’ve enjoyed presenting and socializing at several of them over the past few years (and I […]
- Dear Cathay First: We Need To TalkCathay Pacific has my hands-down favorite first class in the world. It's not necessarily the best, but the various elements combine to create something special and -- more importantly -- reliable. You can always count on a great experience in Cathay Pacific class, including the best possible sleep in the sky. At least that's what I've […]
- Adventures In Calling TAAG AngolaFor those who love my stories about airline call centers -- pour a glass of somethin' and pull up a chair, because this one is a doozy. As you may recall, Ben and some friends are flying TAAG Angola from Lisbon to Luanda to Sao Paulo in a few weeks (as one does).
- Review: The Historic Mizpah HotelThis might be the most seemingly-random hotel review ever hosted on One Mile at a Time, but I'm super excited to share it with you guys. Last year I visited the town of Tonopah, Nevada and enjoyed a four-night stay at the darling and historic Mizpah Hotel. "Where the eff is Tonopah?" I can hear you […]
Let's get social!
Everyone has airline miles or credit card points. Almost no one knows how to use them.
Along with my fabulous team of colleagues, I help everyday people make the most of their miles and points. Whether you're a road warrior looking to upgrade your general travel experience, or a leisure traveler hoping to save money on a special vacation, PointsPros can provide advice as to the best ways to not only earn miles, but to get the very most from the points you already have.
Check out pointspros.com to learn more!
Recent and upcoming events
20 October 2017 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
9 June 2017 • FTU Advanced | Minneapolis, MN
24 February 2017 • FTU Advanced | Seattle, WA
14 October 2016 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
29 April 2016 • Frequent Traveler University Signature | Las Vegas, NV
4 December 2015 • FTU Advanced | Newport Beach, CA
16 October 2015 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
17 April 2015 • USA Today Presents Frequent Traveler University | Dallas, TX
Selected Media & Interviews
Abroaders Podcast // Episode 119 - Interview with Tiffany Funk
Credit Card Forum // 5 Underutilized Rewards-Card Strategies