Well hello there
I'm a passionate traveler and a committed problem solver. Which is a helpful combo when taking public transportation in a foreign country.
I lead a virtual team, with all the challenges and opportunities that entails. So I'm great at building connections without face-to-face contact, and *amazing* at the Internet. Need to monitor social media from China, or host a Skype call from the UAE? Been there, done that. I'm a big believer in making technology work for you, not the the other way around.
As part of that, I manage the backends of two businesses, coordinating everything from website functionality to developing advertiser relationships to building a community of clients and readers. Startups are awesome that way -- you get to do everything!
When I'm not traveling, I love playing Iron Chef in my kitchen and throwing the ball for my adorable labrador. Sometimes simultaneously.
My passion is helping people travel better -- whether that's more often, more comfortably, or more economically. If I can't answer a travel-related question, I can probably put you in touch with someone who can!
From my travels
- Go Go Go! Wide-Open Award Space On American’s New Routes!Last week American Airlines announced some new seasonal European routes for next summer. American will be adding flights to Budapest and Prague, as well as an additional frequency to Venice. The services will operate between May 4 and October 27, 2018, which is at least a pretty broad definition of summer, as the routes will […]
- How To Use American Airlines MilesWhile many long-time OMAAT readers are familiar with the ins and outs of redeeming miles with an assortment of programs, there isn't a day that goes by that we don't get a question about how to redeem miles with one airline or another. I wrote a post right after the merger with US Airways with […]
- Always Always ALWAYS Check Your Award Tickets!Last week we had a bit of a situation with some United awards. That's not unusual in and of itself (each day is an adventure around here), but the way it was handled made it more confusing than it needed to be, so I wanted to share some of the details as a cautionary tale. […]
- Beware Hyatt 3rd Night Free OffersNow that World of Hyatt requires an obscene 60 nights for their top status (which unlike their competitors doesn't include award stays), many Hyatt loyalists are looking for ways to stretch their night count. One method you'll want to avoid? Booking a "Third Night Free" rate on Hyatt's website. Various hotels in the Hyatt portfolio […]
- Don’t Transfer Amex Points To Avios Without Reading This Post!Earlier Ben posted that American Express Membership Rewards is offering a 40% bonus on points transfers to British Airways Executive Club through September 17, 2017. This is effectively a 75% increase over the previous transfer ratio, and can be a pretty fabulous deal. I've seen lots of excited buzz about this promo (and I'm excited […]
- Save On Airfare By Tracking Flight PricesThere seems to be an article every week pondering The Best day/time/season for buying airfare. We all want to get the best deal, so it would be awesome to decode the algorithm and find the ideal time to purchase flights. I understand the motivation. The reality, however, is that airline revenue management is incredibly complex. […]
Let's get social!
Everyone has airline miles or credit card points. Almost no one knows how to use them.
Along with my fabulous team of colleagues, I help everyday people make the most of their miles and points. Whether you're a road warrior looking to upgrade your general travel experience, or a leisure traveler hoping to save money on a special vacation, PointsPros can provide advice as to the best ways to not only earn miles, but to get the very most from the points you already have.
Check out pointspros.com to learn more!
Recent and upcoming events
20 October 2017 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
9 June 2017 • FTU Advanced | Minneapolis, MN
24 February 2017 • FTU Advanced | Seattle, WA
14 October 2016 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
29 April 2016 • Frequent Traveler University Signature | Las Vegas, NV
4 December 2015 • FTU Advanced | Newport Beach, CA
16 October 2015 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
17 April 2015 • USA Today Presents Frequent Traveler University | Dallas, TX
Selected Media & Interviews
Abroaders Podcast // Episode 119 - Interview with Tiffany Funk
Credit Card Forum // 5 Underutilized Rewards-Card Strategies