Well hello there
I'm a passionate traveler and a committed problem solver. Which is a helpful combo when taking public transportation in a foreign country.
I lead a virtual team, with all the challenges and opportunities that entails. So I'm great at building connections without face-to-face contact, and *amazing* at the Internet. Need to monitor social media from China, or host a Skype call from the UAE? Been there, done that. I'm a big believer in making technology work for you, not the the other way around.
As part of that, I manage the backends of two businesses, coordinating everything from website functionality to developing advertiser relationships to building a community of clients and readers. Startups are awesome that way -- you get to do everything!
When I'm not traveling, I love playing Iron Chef in my kitchen and throwing the ball for my adorable labrador. Sometimes simultaneously.
My passion is helping people travel better -- whether that's more often, more comfortably, or more economically. If I can't answer a travel-related question, I can probably put you in touch with someone who can!
From my travels
- National Brings Back One Two Free Promo For 2016National Emerald Club is back with their most lucrative promotion, One Two Free. Nartional-Promotion The promotion is valid for rentals between August 25, 2016, and January 31, 2017. Registration is required prior to the first rental in order to qualify. Through this promotion you earn a free one day rental after every two rentals in […]
- TERRIFIC Business Class Award Space On New Seattle-London Flights!Earlier this year Virgin Atlantic announced they would be add flights between London and Seattle, operated by a Boeing 787-9. The route was originally slated to begin as of May 1, 2017, but Virgin Atlantic will now be taking over the Delta service on the route beginning March 26, 2017. We’ve already seen some route […]
- She Had Every Right To Recline Her Seat, But He Accosted Her AnywayAs a female who frequently travels solo, I've encountered my fair share of challenging seat mates. As I prefer the window seat I'm often boxed in between the fuselage and a random business traveler (almost exclusively male). Most of the time everyone is delightful, but at least a third of my seat mates leave me […]
- Three People Who Should Buy Alaska Miles (And One Who Shouldn’t)Last week Alaska launched a Mystery Bonus for purchases of Alaska Mileage Plan miles. The bonuses are specific to individual accounts. You earn between 35% and 50% bonus miles when you buy Alaska miles. Ben went over the details of the promotion last week, so I won't rehash whether or not this is a good […]
- Weekly Review: August 20, 2016This has been a challenging week here at OMAAT. Last Saturday Ben started what was to be a trip to Fiji, New Zealand, and Tahiti, but had to turn around nearly as soon as he arrived due to an emergency back in the US. Meanwhile, I traveled to Hawaii and back for a long-planned trip […]
- ACT FAST! Wide Open Business Class Award Space To Europe!If you have plans to go to Europe in the next 11 months, stop everything! Star Alliance carrier Austrian Airlines has released a ridiculous amount of award space on routes to and from North America, through the end of the schedule. How ridiculous? Like 8+ business class award seats per flight, nearly every day, from […]
Let's get social!
Everyone has airline miles or credit card points. Almost no one knows how to use them.
Along with my fabulous team of colleagues, I help everyday people make the most of their miles and points. Whether you're a road warrior looking to upgrade your general travel experience, or a leisure traveler hoping to save money on a special vacation, PointsPros can provide advice as to the best ways to not only earn miles, but to get the very most from the points you already have.
Check out pointspros.com to learn more!
Recent and upcoming events
April 29 - May 1, 2016 // Frequent Traveler University Signature | Las Vegas, NV
December 4-6, 2015 // FTU Advanced | Newport Beach, CA
October 16-18, 2015 // Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
April 17-19, 2015 // USA Today Presents Frequent Traveler University | Dallas, TX
Selected Media & Interviews
Abroaders Podcast // Episode 119 - Interview with Tiffany Funk
Credit Card Forum // 5 Underutilized Rewards-Card Strategies