Well hello there
I'm a passionate traveler and a committed problem solver. Which is a helpful combo when taking public transportation in a foreign country.
I lead a virtual team, with all the challenges and opportunities that entails. So I'm great at building connections without face-to-face contact, and *amazing* at the Internet. Need to monitor social media from China, or host a Skype call from the UAE? Been there, done that. I'm a big believer in making technology work for you, not the the other way around.
As part of that, I manage the backends of two businesses, coordinating everything from website functionality to developing advertiser relationships to building a community of clients and readers. Startups are awesome that way -- you get to do everything!
When I'm not traveling, I love playing Iron Chef in my kitchen and throwing the ball for my adorable labrador. Sometimes simultaneously.
My passion is helping people travel better -- whether that's more often, more comfortably, or more economically. If I can't answer a travel-related question, I can probably put you in touch with someone who can!
From my travels
- Quick Reminder: Sign Up For Alaska Mileage PlanAs you may have heard, Alaska Mileage Plan is offering a mystery bonus on the purchase of miles. You can earn between 35% and 50% bonus miles when you buy Alaska miles, depending on how your account was targeted. This is a limited time promotion which is only available through September 29, 2016. Buying Alaska […]
- Now Is A Great Time To Redeem Your United Miles!I recently wrote about some of the things everyone ought to know about redeeming miles. While I harped on being flexible (which is really critical for booking award tickets that you actually want to fly), one of the other key factors is that timing is everything. And right now is a fantastic time to redeem […]
- 6 Unique Ritz-Carlton Hotels For Redeeming Your Complimentary NightsAs most of you probably know by now, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® Credit Card is offering an incredible sign-up bonus. As part of that, Ben has put together a couple of posts recently with his thoughts on the best resorts in the U.S. and internationally: • 6 U.S. Ritz-Carlton Properties I’d Redeem 3 Complimentary Nights At […]
- Why Is Alaska Blocking Cathay Pacific Award Space?Alaska Mileage Plan has a great loyalty program, and some very valuable award redemption possibilities. For the most part their awards are easy to book, and while they don't allow holds, most agents are generally competent. There have been, however, issues over the years with Alaska not offering full access to partner award inventory. The […]
- Review: Hyatt Regency Huntington BeachEarlier this summer I spent four nights at the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach in Orange County. This was part of a family trip with my cousin and her kids, who had already booked a beach house for the long 4th of July weekend, and this was the most convenient hotel. I am very conflicted about […]
- How To Combine Ultimate Rewards PointsReader Neil posed some questions on Ask Lucky this weekend about how Chase handles Ultimate Rewards points when you have multiple accounts: "I finally opened a Chase Sapphire Preferred card in early August just before the Reserve card was announced. I was lucky enough to get approved for the latter 10 days ago, and I […]
Let's get social!
Everyone has airline miles or credit card points. Almost no one knows how to use them.
Along with my fabulous team of colleagues, I help everyday people make the most of their miles and points. Whether you're a road warrior looking to upgrade your general travel experience, or a leisure traveler hoping to save money on a special vacation, PointsPros can provide advice as to the best ways to not only earn miles, but to get the very most from the points you already have.
Check out pointspros.com to learn more!
Recent and upcoming events
October 14-16, 2016 // Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
April 29 - May 1, 2016 // Frequent Traveler University Signature | Las Vegas, NV
December 4-6, 2015 // FTU Advanced | Newport Beach, CA
October 16-18, 2015 // Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
April 17-19, 2015 // USA Today Presents Frequent Traveler University | Dallas, TX
Selected Media & Interviews
Abroaders Podcast // Episode 119 - Interview with Tiffany Funk
Credit Card Forum // 5 Underutilized Rewards-Card Strategies