Well hello there
I'm a passionate traveler and a committed problem solver. Which is a helpful combo when taking public transportation in a foreign country.
I lead a virtual team, with all the challenges and opportunities that entails. So I'm great at building connections without face-to-face contact, and *amazing* at the Internet. Need to monitor social media from China, or host a Skype call from the UAE? Been there, done that. I'm a big believer in making technology work for you, not the the other way around.
As part of that, I manage the backends of two businesses, coordinating everything from website functionality to developing advertiser relationships to building a community of clients and readers. Startups are awesome that way -- you get to do everything!
When I'm not traveling, I love playing Iron Chef in my kitchen and throwing the ball for my adorable labrador. Sometimes simultaneously.
My passion is helping people travel better -- whether that's more often, more comfortably, or more economically. If I can't answer a travel-related question, I can probably put you in touch with someone who can!
From my travels
- 6 United Awards To Book Before November 1stA few months ago United MileagePlus announced some major program changes, which kick in for bookings as of November 1, 2017. The key thing for most of us is that some Saver award prices are increasing. Given that lots of us have United miles and Ultimate Rewards points (not to mention the current hotel transfer bonus) I […]
- Review: Hawaiian Airlines Extra Comfort A330 Kahului to Los AngelesAs I mentioned in the introductory post, we'd booked regular economy, but were offered the option to upgrade to Extra Comfort during the check-in process. We paid $50 per person, but looking at the Hawaiian website it seems the prices have either increased dramatically, or we got an extra-good deal. Hawaiian advertises a few different […]
- 6 Things To Do In Maui When You’re Done With The BeachTo be clear, I am perfectly content to spend an entire vacation in, on, or at least near the ocean. Truly, nothing sounds more appealing to me than a few days with nothing to do but stick my toes in the sand. The love of my life, however, is a fair-skinned redhead that can last […]
- Review: Fairmont Kea LaniThe Fairmont Kea Lani is an all-suite hotel in the Wailea area of Maui, in a neighborhood with several other upscale hotels like the Andaz Maui, the Four Seasons, Waldorf Astoria Grand Wailea, and so forth. There's a beach path running between all these resorts, which are interspersed with residential areas. The Fairmont is on […]
- Inspiring Updates From The AvGeek Airlift To Puerto RicoLast week I shared the details of a fundraiser/rescue operation for Puerto Rico that some aviation enthusiasts were organizing. Many of you chipped in cash or supplies, so I wanted to share a few updates from the group. So many donations were received that two plane loads of goods have been delivered to Aguadilla -- […]
- Review: Hawaiian Business/First A330 Los Angeles To KahuluiOur flight to Maui left from LAX Terminal 2 (Hawaiian Airlines now uses Terminal 5), and since we tend to be early risers anyway we arrived at the airport well in advance of our 9AM flight. We weren't checking bags, and had mobile boarding passes, but the check-in area seemed relatively quiet at the early […]
Let's get social!
Everyone has airline miles or credit card points. Almost no one knows how to use them.
Along with my fabulous team of colleagues, I help everyday people make the most of their miles and points. Whether you're a road warrior looking to upgrade your general travel experience, or a leisure traveler hoping to save money on a special vacation, PointsPros can provide advice as to the best ways to not only earn miles, but to get the very most from the points you already have.
Check out pointspros.com to learn more!
Recent and upcoming events
20 October 2017 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
9 June 2017 • FTU Advanced | Minneapolis, MN
24 February 2017 • FTU Advanced | Seattle, WA
14 October 2016 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
29 April 2016 • Frequent Traveler University Signature | Las Vegas, NV
4 December 2015 • FTU Advanced | Newport Beach, CA
16 October 2015 • Chicago Seminars | Elk Grove, IL
17 April 2015 • USA Today Presents Frequent Traveler University | Dallas, TX
Selected Media & Interviews
Abroaders Podcast // Episode 119 - Interview with Tiffany Funk
Credit Card Forum // 5 Underutilized Rewards-Card Strategies